Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Requesting a purchase
The Library welcomes requests for resource purchases.
We have a dedicated acquisitions team based within Collections at the Bill Bryson Library. The team order books for Bill Bryson Library, Palace Green, Business School and International Study Centre (Stockton.
All members of the University can request the library to purchase a book for the library collection.
This can be:
- Items not in our collections: a suggestion for a new item to be added to our collections. This can be for your studies, research, personal development or general interest.
- MORE Books: a request for additional copies of items to be purchased.
- Reading List items: (Reading list requests from Staff must be made via Talis Aspire)
- Missing Books: to replace missing or damaged books.
- Liberate My Library: Increase visibility and representation of BAME, LGBTQ+, Disability, Gender and Identity.
- Wellbeing: Books to support personal wellbeing or supporting others.
The reason for requesting a title can range from resources for teaching to general interest and fiction.
These pages provide a brief introduction on how to request a purchase, types of request, routes for purchasing for staff and students, delivery times, etc
Contact us through our enhanced virtual enquiry desk, Ask DULib. Search our FAQs, email us, or chat with a librarian.
Ask DULib is available to all students, staff and users.
Busy Times of the Year
The acquisitions team receive a large number of requests each month. The graph shows the average number of requests by month.
September and October are very busy periods due to the large number of reading lists that require checking.
We aim to place orders within 7 working days but during busy times of the year it may be longer.