Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Current services available
We are in the process of moving all your requests to our new library software, so inter-library loan books which are on loan to you will disappear from your library record on Tuesday 2nd August and you will receive an email when they are added back to your account at some point in the next week.
Our new system has a lot of new features which we think you will like, including courtesy notices reminding you when books are due for return, the ability to request renewals directly from your library record, and automatic article delivery, which means that articles will be sent to you the moment they arrive, no matter the time of day of night.
Contact us through our enhanced virtual enquiry desk, Ask DULib. Search our FAQs, email us, or chat with a librarian.
Ask DULib is available to all students, staff and users.
What do I need to know about Electronic Delivery?
When you request a copy of an article or chapter through Inter-Library Loans, it will be sent to you via email using one of the following methods:
- As an email from RapidILL (email@example.com). Click on the link in the email to download your article.
- As an email from Inter-Library Loans (firstname.lastname@example.org) with a link to the article. Click on the link in the email to download your article. You may be asked to login using your CIS username and password. If the article has been sent using this method, then a link to the pdf will also be available from the My Requests section of your online library record.
- As an email from British Library (email@example.com). Click on the link in the email to view the documents. British Library documents must be opened directly into Adobe Reader, otherwise they appear blank.
Points to note:
- You have 30 days to download and save a copy of your article once you receive the email. If there is a limit to the number of downloads available, then it will be mentioned in the email.
- If you receive an incomplete or wrong item, please contact the Inter-Library Loans team within 30 days of receiving the email.
- Paper copies. If you would prefer to receive a paper copy of an article, then please contact us to let us know.
If you have any queries about electronic delivery, please contact the Inter-Library Loans team.