To book a timeslot for any of our bookable study spaces, you will need to use our Space Booking system which you can access by using your University login details.
Your study space is allocated by the system, limited to floor level. Our Disability Support rooms are available to students who have an assessed need to access these spaces. Our study space location plans will help you to find your allocated seat before you visit.
You can arrive at any time during your booked timeslot, but we do ask you to leave the study space by the end of your allocated time ready for the next person who has booked.
Things you need to know
- Bookings are released on a rolling basis, and you can make your booking up to four days in advance. For the purpose of the booking restrictions, one week runs from Sunday to Saturday.
- Disability Support Rooms can be booked up to two weeks in advance.
- You must bring your campus card in order to access the building and to borrow any books.
- Please help us to manage our spaces by using the seat you have been allocated.
- Unfortunately, we are unable to guarantee access to power points at your designated study space - if you intend to work on a laptop, please make sure it is fully charged before you visit.
How to book
- Visit our Space Booking system
- Select the area and type of study space you require
- Select the date you wish to book
- Select the space you wish to book, depending on capacity
- Select the time you wish to attend from those available
- You will then need to validate and confirm your booking before your space is confirmed. Please check all booking details are correct, including location, date and time before you confirm.
- You are able to book up until the beginning of the timeslot, or once it has already started (depending on availability).
Please be aware that two-factor authentication will be required for bookings made offsite.
If you have any problems when booking, please contact our Virtual Enquiry Desk.
How to use Quick Book
If you’re looking for a space at short notice, our new Quick Book option automatically selects the next available time and study space for you, saving you time searching for an available space.
- Go onto the ‘Make a Booking’ page as usual and select the type of space you’d like (e.g. Desk Study Space, PC Study Space, Study Rooms)
- Click ‘Continue Booking’
- Select your booking date and the type of room/space you’d like
- Click ‘Quick Book’ rather than ‘Continue Booking’
- Quick Book will automatically pick the first available room/location at the next available time for the shortest available duration (55 minutes). This will show in the green box at the top of the page
- If you want to change what has been automatically selected (e.g. the duration of the booking, location) simply use the options shown on the orange buttons
- If you are happy with your automatic selection, confirm your booking by agreeing to the T&Cs and clicking ‘confirm booking’.
Cancelling your unwanted booking
If you have made a booking and you decide you don’t need it or are unable to attend, please cancel your booking to allow others to make use of it. Simply go to the ‘My Bookings’ tab on the Space Bookings app and cancel your booking.
If you ever need any help in cancelling a booking or have a genuine reason for not attending your booking, please email email@example.com.