Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Contact us through our enhanced virtual enquiry desk, Ask DULib. Search our FAQs, email us, or chat with a librarian.
Ask DULib is available to all students, staff and users.
Borrowing during vacations
You may continue to borrow books during the vacation period. However, Library users are still able to reserve items, therefore you may be asked to return it before the end of the vacation.
Remember to renew your items during the vacation and check your library account regularly to make sure none of your items become overdue during the holiday period. If you are concerned you may be unable to return an item during the vacation period, we recommend that you do not borrow it.
- Items borrowed during any of the University vacations may be due for return before the start of the next term.
- Items can be renewed online
- Items reserved by another user cannot be renewed and should be returned by the revised due date.
Fines and charges
- If you have fines of £10 or above, you will be unable to borrow or renew any items.
- Fines can be paid online by logging into your library account.
- Fines on reserved books which are returned late will not be waived.
We recommend that you regularly check your library account and University email account throughout vacation periods.
Electronic resources available through the Library website can be accessed from home throughout the vacation period. You can search and access our eresources in Discover. See our subject guides for more support. You may be asked to log in using your CIS username and password.
Visiting other academic libraries
Visit our website for details of our position with the SCONUL Access scheme.